Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Parenting in the Middle East

Code red alpaca. Sorry, you weren't doing it for me. You will rise from the paint again. Have no fear. #codered
I went code red on one of my paintings this morning.

I've spent the last few days painting in my kitchen and listening to the radio. They're playing requests all day long from southern residents. And sporadically throughout the day you hear the override system announcing a code red and a location. Code red - Ashkelon. Code red - Ashdod. Code red - Beer Sheva. All. Day. Long. We have been lucky and our daily lives have not changed much since we live near Jerusalem. Trips to Tel Aviv have been postponed and plans for get togethers in the South have been cancelled. But we are not running under our staircase every fifteen minutes and for that I am grateful.

The rest of this article is posted at the Times of Israel.

2 comments:

  1. You said it moma! I am with you all the way on this. Interested in going into politics? I would be happy to be your campaign manager!Stay safe. Thinking of you xoxo.

    Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kudos, there's a take on it I haven't heard yet!

    ReplyDelete